Car Salesman Cover Letter
Car Salesmen are responsible for selling new or used vehicles to qualified prospects. This job is suitable for people with good knowledge of motor vehicles and excellent selling skills. These employees are found in dealerships of various sizes and perform the following job duties: identifying customer needs, demonstrating product features, explaining technical aspects, arranging test drives, negotiating prices, working out car loans, maintaining stocks, closing sales, and doing paperwork.
Employees select cover letters highlighting the following skills and experience:
- Excellent selling skills
- A persuasive manner
- Strong numeracy skills
- Proven record of over-achieving sales quota
- Business acumen
- Computer competences
- Customer service orientation
- Being able to present technical aspects in an accessible manner
Comparable job assets can be observed in the Car Salesman cover letter sample displayed beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Car Salesman Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Hudson:
Upon review of your posting for an experienced Car Salesman to join your team at Massey Volkswagen, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced professional with a strong history of managing customer relationships and significantly increasing revenues within the automotive sales industry, I stand in a prime position to significantly contribute to your objectives in this role.
My experience in securing new customers and outperforming sales goals—as well as training and leading outstanding sales teams—positions me to substantially impact your organization. By leveraging a keen ability to quickly connect with customers and negotiate win-win sales deals, I excel at building profitable and lasting client partnerships leading to sustained revenue growth.
Following are highlights of my qualifications:
- Consistently achieving dealership sales goals while driving substantial revenue increases through the use of aggressive and successful sales techniques and effective sales leadership.
- Holding the #1 salesperson ranking for more than 11 consecutive months and achieving customer service reports of 87%+ as a Salesperson for Blazer Chevrolet.
- Training and managing top-performing sales teams and coaching staff on innovative sales methods to achieve goals, resulting in monthly sales of 280+ cars.
- Negotiating customer agreements and liaising between financial team and customers to ensure mutually beneficial financing options and terms.
- Forging trusting and enduring relationships with customers to maximize client retention and satisfaction.
My dedication to achieving success in automotive sales, along with my steadfast motivation to meet or exceed sales goals, characterizes my career accomplishments. These skills, combined with articulate presentation and strategic negotiation talents, will allow me to greatly benefit your team at Massey Volkswagen.
I look forward to discussing this position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Merv R. Sanchez
To get hired as an automotive salesperson, you need to be good with people and knowledgeable about cars. You also need an impressive job application, including a well-written cover letter. With the cover letter examples below as a guide, you’ll be closer than ever to landing the salesperson job of your dreams. Just click on any of the cover letter examples to craft a cover letter that help you stand out and get hired!
Cover Letter Tips for Salesperson
Finding jobs as a Salesperson takes a determination to succeed through a broad set of job-seeking skills. Follow these tips to make the next step in your career.
1. Join all the groups you can to open up opportunities in your search. From industry associations to job-hunter groups and online job boards, the more options you pursuethe more likely you are to find that perfect job.
2. Create and maintain a positive online presence. Employers seek out candidates online, and it is important to have professional, focused, and positive public social media profiles to create interest and keep you in the running for the job you want.
3. Get an entrepreneurial mindset. If it works for your skill set, try freelancing or consulting to create positive cash flow during your job search and to help fill any gaps in your cover letter. Sometimes, freelancing can also turn into a full-time position.
4. Keep track of your job-seeking duties in a file folder on your computer or in a traditional notebook. This will help you to meet weekly goals and facilitates timely follow-up activities.
5. Stay positive throughout the length of your job search. Positivity breeds confidence, and this will help you during the interview process.
Salesperson Job Seeking Tips
Your cover letter serves as the best showcase of your knowledge, skills and abilities and it needs to be of high quality to garner the attention of hiring managers. Follow these do’s and don’ts to make your cover letter shine when you are looking for jobs as a Salesperson.
1. Do consider utilizing a different format than the standard cover letter templates. Be distinctive with your design but make sure it is readable with a consistent format.
2. Don’t forget to include the locations of your past jobs within your job descriptions. This can be overlooked but it still very important.
3. Do avoid the use of the word work” on your cover letter. It is best to use action verbs when describing your accomplishments.
4. Don’t be over concerned about the one-page rule. This is not a hard and fast rule, but it is important to not go over two pages.
5. Do give your cover letter as sharp of a focus as possible. Utilizing such formats as bulleting and including branding statements that briefly yet succinctly state your skills and best qualities are very attractive to hiring managers.